Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Blue screen of death when trying to record Midi & Audio V-Drums using Logic & AMT8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen of death when trying to record Midi & Audio V-Drums using Logic & AMT8!

Hello forum!!

I've been having some problems with the AMT8 lately. First of all, every time I attempt to install this midi interface using the serial port on my computer, I get the infamous "blue screen of death" which basically said something to the effect that a program has to terminate - I would assume it was the Add New Hardware Wizard or some other Windows program. So, I got fed up with it and installed the USB drivers and it went smoothly....

...until I tried to actually use the device for the first time today. I had my Roland V-Drum TD-10 and SPD20 connected to it. Once I hit record in Logic I noticed drum audio as well as midi information being recorded - I was happy!!! Happy until I got yet another one of these damn blue screens

So, as a frustrated user, I ask you all if you happen to have any information for that will help resolve these issues... believe me, because of Windows, the color blue is certainly not my favorite :/

Thanks for those who read this.

Jason

What's the rest of your configuration, CPU strength, RAM, Windows version etc? The BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death, duh) can come from something as simple as not using a genuine Pentium processor, when working with music software, and progs like Logic and Cubase DEMAND a Pentium, they won't work well with Celerons or AMDs at all.
    Still got your Windows CD? Give it a re-install, and see if the problem persists. Shareware installs and uninstalls leave gaping holes in Windows installations, which can be the source of BSODs.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

RAM: 128
      CPU: PIII-800eb

I don't really have much installed on the machine... just some necessary audio apps and that's about it... not as inflated as the machine I use for personal stuff. <shrug>

Jason

Comment

Re-install Windows, and see if that makes any difference, it should. If it doesn't, one surefire way to keep the BSODs at bay is double whatever RAM you have.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
        X