Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left-hand set-up of e-drums [TD-9KX]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left-hand set-up of e-drums [TD-9KX]

I'm considering buying a Roland TD-9KX kit. However, I'm worried that I won't be able to set it up for left-landed play (i.e. as a mirror image of the normal right-handed setup). I'd be very grateful if someone could advise me on this. Is it possible, and if so, is it straightforward to do?

Many thanks.

Originally posted by Bogester View Post
    I'd be very grateful if someone could advise me on this. Is it possible, and if so, is it straightforward to do?
    Yes and Yes.

If you're already used to setting up acoustic kits for left-orientation, I doubt you'll have any problems.

Comment

Roland has an FAQ about left-handed use of a TD-9 kit:

"Q: Can TD-9K/TD-9KX be setup in left handed configuration?

A: Yes. From the players position, exchange the positions of the Hi-hat and sound module on your left with the Tom3 on your right. Relocate the Snare pipe from left to right. If you are a TD-9KX user, please also exchange the cymbal pads (ride and crash). The attached cables can be used with no problems.
      "

(http://www.roland.com/products/en/_s...n=en&prd=TD9KX)

Bruce

Comment

Hi BarT (Bruce) and flurbs, many thanks for your responses, they've been most helpful.

Cheers
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X