Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y Cable use on the TD-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y Cable use on the TD-20

Hello again people. I need your help (again). Can I use a Y-cable for use on the Roland TD-20?

Here's the problem I am having. I am having trouble on the hearing my ride cymbal (R1 cable) that goes into the ride slot on the back of my TD-20. I haven't been able to find out what the problem is, but that's not what's bothering me. What I would like to know is that I bought a
    y-cable and connected the R1 cable into one end of the y cable and the R2 cable I connected to the other end of the y-cable and plugged them into
    aux1 port. The cymbals both sound loud, which is great, but if I decide to change the sound of one cymbal say R1 to china cymbal, the other cymbal the R2, also automatically changes to that same cymbal. I would like to have different cymbal sounds through the auxiliary one cable. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks alot in advance to all of you.

It needs a special Y-cable as ige87 explained to you a week ago: Problems with my CY-8 follow-up

Bruce

Comment

Y-Cable Problem

Ok, thank you so much, but what kind of a cable, do you know by any chance the model number or kind of cable....? Any info you got...

Comment

PM sent!

Comment

You can't generally buy one. You have to make one:

Sticky: Splitter for Dual Piezo inputs AKA TD-12 or TD-20 Aux/Tom splitter Revisited

unless pchanning in the UK can sell you one: WTB Trigger Splitter

Bruce

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X