Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereo recording using Mac's Garageband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo recording using Mac's Garageband

Hey all -

I would like to start creating my own drum tracks in Garageband using my TD20.

How do I get a stereo signal from the TD20 into Garageband using the Master Out or the Digital Out? It seems like Digital Out does not give a stereo signal, and the master out (L and R) cannot be lined into a 3.5 mm jack to input into the Mac.

The only thing that would work is lining in the headphone jack, but then I couldn't hear what I'm playing (unless I use a splitter).

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks! Dave

You could use the master L+R, but you need a splitter that does the 2x mono jackplug to 3.5mm stereo mini-jack conversion. You can get them at every electronics store.
    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
    Loving it every second..

Comment

The easiest way would be a stereo jack to mini-jack cable from the headpgones socket to the line/mic socket. Digital out should give a stereo sound though.

Comment

Working...
      X