Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD 8 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 8 Problem

Hello all, new user searching for some technical assistance!

I've bought some Roland TD8's on ebay about 3 months ago (to replace my loud Mapex Orion's to the delight of my neighbours), and have had no problems. This is, until now.

I was playing today and the sound simply became thoroughly distorted, and then finally only a short "crackling" noise can be heard on striking any of the pads. After turning the kit off and on again, I was annoyed to see the problem had continued. I persisted with a reset to factory settings, which also proved futile.

On further investigation, the only pad triggering is pad 3. Although this happens regardless of which pad I appear to hit (vibration I guess). When the problem occured initially I was playing with headphones in and so assumed they were at fault, after two sets of headphones with the same issue, I attempted to play through an amplifier and received a consistent shrill squeal.

For the record, the brain won't output anything correctly - no output of song or preview. All the display and operations of the brain seem to be perfect, and I have received no error messages.

It sounds well and truly buggered. After reading a few threads I saw that vibrations could be too blame, or perhaps it could be a battery issue - both of which seem plausible. Anyone have any thoughts?

Secondly, As I bought on Ebay I don't have a Roland warranty. Any thoughts as to a good Roland repair centre in London?
Working...
X