Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland SPD-6 midi connection TD20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland SPD-6 midi connection TD20

Hi,

I am trying to connect my SPD-6 to my TD20. I want to use the SPD to play more sounds than the 14 inputs.

I have found how this works with the TD12, is this the same as for TD20?

Triggered sounds have to be either in the current kit or the current percussion set. So on the TD-12, use SETUP, MIDI (F1), MIDI CH (F1) to change the percussion channel to 10 as Michael suggested (since it can't be changed on the SPD-6). Then use MIDI note numbers which don't correspond to a kit instrument on Page 92-93 in the TD-12 manual (e.g. 0-21 or 60-127). You'll need to edit a percussion set as on Page 57 to get the sound and Page 58 to get the pitch. Percussion sets 6-8 are intended to be changed; 1-5 are used by preset patterns. It's not easy but it is possible.

EDIT: I just realized that you can only set an SPD-6 for note numbers 20-99; so use 60-99 for percussion which will not interfere with kit sounds. (Or switch the TD-12 drums to Channel 11 as Michael mentioned, but that could cause other complications later.)

DOES ANYBODY HAS A MANUAL FOR DUMMIES FOR THIS ;-)

regards,

Coeno

HART PROFESSIONAL SERIES 1 X 8", 2 X 10", 2 X 12" TOMS
    HART PROFESSIONAL SERIES 13" BASS DRUM
    Roland 1 X PD-125 (snare)
    Roland 3 X CY-15
    Roland VH-12
    Roland TD20

I think its pretty much the same for the td-20.

I own a SPD-6, worst piece of cr*p I ever bought -- and I own a ton of berhinger gear ! Terrible crosstalk, no changing the midi channel, horrible sounds, $35 psu, white enclosure...

Don't know if there is a manual for dummies for this, but I'm pretty sure the SPD-6 was made BY dummies !

Comment

Working...
    X