Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between the Edirol UM-1EX and UM-1X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BarT
    replied
    My guess is there's practically no difference; unless you need that thru switch, which seems unlikely.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• jweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by BarT View Post
    The UM-1X is an older model which was replaced by the UM-1EX three years ago:

"July 10, 2005 EDIROL Updates USB MIDI Interface Line

The new UM-1EX replaces the EDIROL UM-1X, 1-In/1-Out (male ports) MIDI Interface, and adds a new MIDI-Thru switch that allows the UM-1EX to be used as a standalone MIDI cable, or for MIDI to be routed back to an instrument or other external MIDI device." (EDIROL News)

Bruce
    Thanks Bruce,

I missed that one, as I was looking on the .co.uk site which doesn't even list the 1X.

Do you know if the 1EX is significantly better than the 1X? I have found a 1X for 2/3s of the price of the 1EX, but want to know if it will work.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    The UM-1X is an older model which was replaced by the UM-1EX three years ago:

"July 10, 2005 EDIROL Updates USB MIDI Interface Line

The new UM-1EX replaces the EDIROL UM-1X, 1-In/1-Out (male ports) MIDI Interface, and adds a new MIDI-Thru switch that allows the UM-1EX to be used as a standalone MIDI cable, or for MIDI to be routed back to an instrument or other external MIDI device." (EDIROL News)

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Whats the difference between the Edirol UM-1EX and UM-1X?

After making a mistake and buying a cheap MIDI cable off Ebay, I am now looking for the 'proper job'.

I have been told to get a UM-1EX, but have found a UM-1X.. Is there any difference?

Jon
Working...
X