Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-12 preset kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-12 preset kits

I recently purchased a td-12 and I'm a little confused.... when I'm editing sounds in individual drum kits am I editing the actual kit or does it automatically create a copy of that kit. Because in the manual there's a section that tells you how to restore drumkits to factory settings. I was recently talking to someone who has a td-10 and they said they can't edit preset kits.
    [SIGPIC]

Originally posted by snick59 View Post
    I recently purchased a td-12 and I'm a little confused.... when I'm editing sounds in individual drum kits am I editing the actual kit or does it automatically create a copy of that kit. Because in the manual there's a section that tells you how to restore drumkits to factory settings. I was recently talking to someone who has a td-10 and they said they can't edit preset kits.
    I understand your confusion, and I hope I can explain it so it makes sense. The kits that you are editing AND playing are USER kits. From the factory, all of the USER kit slots are initialized with copies of the PRESET Kits that are stored in ROM. So, you actually have TWO copies of the PRESET kits: (1) The actual presets that you cannot edit, and (2) the copies that are stored in the editable USER kit area.

The preset kits can be copied to any user area so that you can play them, or edit them. See page 70 of your owners manual for info on how you can copy preset kits to the user kit area.

-SD-

Comment

Basically (like Ken is saying), you have "backups" of the kits that came with your module. They are in a hidden area where they can be copied back from should you choose to "start from scratch". Meanwhile, the kits you see and play are editable. Your module will also remember those edits for you.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks for your help I think I understand.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
        X