Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrigger cancel for Bass drum with TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrigger cancel for Bass drum with TD-8

Is it normal to have to set the retrig cancel to 16? The double trigger are not as bad when I play barefooted. When I wear sneakers it's worse. When retrig cancel is at 16 it goes away. Is there any other settings that go with the retrigger cancel? Also what should scan time be set at?

I have a Roland TD-8 and a 18" mapex bass drum with a 2ply black hart.
    Crossbar with a homemade cone a little firmer than the roland cone.
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Mask time is the parameter to help with this. As you raise it, it prevents another hit within the specified time parameter entered from triggering another hit (thus "masking" it, get it?). Once you raise mask time, you will probably be able to bring your retrig cancel back down a little. For scan time, start at zero; then as you repeatedly strike notes with the same force, raise scan time until all notes sound with equal volume. Generally, with scan time, the lower the better (according to Roland).
    Roland TD-10exp, DIY 13" snare, DIY toms, DIY mesh Bass Trigger, Roland CY-15r, CY-8, CY-5, and Pintech PC cymbals

Comment

Thank you for the fast response.
      I tried the mask at 4 and there are some mis triggering , but only when i play alot of fast double bass, Which i do alot of.
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
      X