Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crosstalk problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosstalk problems

I have a chrome rack holdin my toms cymbals and highhat. The problem is when I hit one drum another triggers. I raised the crosstalk but then sometimes that drum or cymbal dont trigger when I play a beat. I tried sticking rubber and felt in between all the mounts. But that did not work. Does anybody have any solutions? Is there any more adjustments I can do? I messed with sensitivity ,threshold, and crosstalk.
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

What module are you using?
    sigpic

Comment

I had a similar problem with the pads that were connected to my TD-6V (auxillary module) sounding when pads from my (TD-12) main module were struck. Simply raising the crosstalk cancel in this situation did not help. It took a combination of raising the threshold and crosstalk cancel on the TD-6V pads to make it stop.
      Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
      "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by vjboc View Post
        I have a chrome rack holdin my toms cymbals and highhat. The problem is when I hit one drum another triggers. I raised the crosstalk but then sometimes that drum or cymbal dont trigger when I play a beat. I tried sticking rubber and felt in between all the mounts. But that did not work. Does anybody have any solutions? Is there any more adjustments I can do? I messed with sensitivity ,threshold, and crosstalk.
        Raising threshold may help, whereas sensitivity and other settings won't. Crosstalk cancel is just a temporary increase in threshold when other pads are hit; But if raising that causes missed intentional triggers, then the permanent threshold increase may be necessary.

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
        What module are you using?
        I'm fairly sure he's using a TD-8, which unfortunately doesn't have the advantage of options for MOUNT TYPE or XTALK GROUP.

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
        I had a similar problem with the pads that were connected to my TD-6V (auxillary module) sounding when pads from my (TD-12) main module were struck. Simply raising the crosstalk cancel in this situation did not help. It took a combination of raising the threshold and crosstalk cancel on the TD-6V pads to make it stop.
        Yep, crosstalk cancel doesn't help with multiple module setups because one module doesn't know when the other module's pads have been hit.

Bruce

Comment

Thank you for the help. The threshold did help. It is hard to find the happy medium with these settings. One of these days I will get it. This forum has been alot of help.
          Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Originally posted by vjboc View Post
            Thank you for the help. The threshold did help. It is hard to find the happy medium with these settings. One of these days I will get it. This forum has been alot of help.

Cool vjboc. Also look at arrangement of the pads; more distance between them helps too. Keep messing with those settings...they'll behave eventually.
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
            X