Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between the CY-6 and CY-8 cymbals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between the CY-6 and CY-8 cymbals?

Anyone have both and know of any differences? I have owned the CY-8's and loved them. Just ordered a couple of CY-6's and wondering about any differences if any? Thanks in advance!

CY-6 is the older model and hasn't been available new since the CY-8 was introduced four years ago. Differences are mostly minor cosmetic details, but some have found the CY-8 to be more reliable than a CY-6.

Bruce

Comment

There were also some reports of cracking of the plastic of some TD-6 cymbals..... I've been using mine for over 3 years without any signs of problems, although I do find they are less sensitive than their CY-14 and CY-15 big brothers.

Comment

CY6's have more pixie crud!

(Boy, I hope the board veterans got a laugh out of that one.)

Joking aside, BarT hit the nail on the head. The CY8 replaced the CY6 - functionality is the same, but it's a better designed, better made pad.

Comment

CY's

I have both on my setup but in my case it can't be apples to apples since these are older, used CY-6's and my CY-8's are new. The 8's do seem to trigger a little better and the two separate zones seem easier to distinguish.
          Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Working...
          X