Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any "safe" MIDI tests I can do before I flash my TD8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any "safe" MIDI tests I can do before I flash my TD8?

I have a "cheap and cheerful" Ebay special MIDI cable on the way.. But I have been told to be careful with it!!

As I understand it, even if its a bit flakey, I can't do any harm uploading/downloading libraries as I can always resort to a 'factory reset' if things go wrong.

BUT.. I need to flash my TD-8 firmware to 1.10 and I need the MIDI interface to be stable before I do this.

Is there anything I can do to 'prove' the stability of the software/PC/MIDI interface?

Jon

What software do you have, you could try recording some midi into your computer then send it back to your module...
    My Kit
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Originally posted by M_C_M View Post
      What software do you have, you could try recording some midi into your computer then send it back to your module...
      Got nothing yet.. Not even my cable.. But when I get it, I will be buying VDrumLib and will also try out some of the 'freeware' MIDI tools for recording.

I just need to build my confidence that the interface is working, before I flash..

However, its just been suggested that I use the MIDI connector on my main PC.. This is a good idea.. I just have to make up the cable myself. I have the parts.. I just need to find a diagram!

Jon

Comment

After reading this, I think I might not bother:

http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=57336

I have spoken to Roland today and they advised that the changes in 1.10 is insignificant compared to the risk of it going wrong.. And if it does, it will cost a fortune to fix...

Even though I want the latest version, faced with the apparant risks, I might not bother!

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X