Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drums not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drums not triggering

When I start playing harder on the drums, Roland td module. Sometimes the snare wont trigger for one hit or stroke. Sometimes it's a cymbal. Does anybody elese have this problem. It is something that can be adjusted?
    Please help cause it is annoying.
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Almost certainly Crosstalk Cancel settings which are slightly too high. The module is trying too hard to reject vibrations from other pads. Reduce the CROSSTALK setting for the snare and cymbals at SETUP, TRIG (F1), ADVNCD (F2) until they no longer cut out when played at the same time as other pads.

Bruce

Comment

Thank you bruce.
      when I lower the cross-talk it helps, But then the problem is when I hit a tom a cymbal triggers or vice versa. Is there other settings that go along with cross-talk. I tried threshold, But that dont work either.
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

make sure your sensitivity settings are not too high
        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Working...
        X