Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year was the Roland Td-8 discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year was the Roland Td-8 discontinued

What year was the Roland Td-8 module discontinued? The reason I ask is because someone has one for sale and said he bought it new 2 years ago.
    Thank you for your help.
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

I think it was 2005, so 2.5-3 years ago would be more probable for the last new purchase; but if some dealer had excess stock, who can tell?

Bruce

Comment

After checking a bit further, it seems it was early to mid 2005 when the TD-8 was discontinued. So three years ago is more likely than two years. But perhaps he's rounding down 2.9?

You've already got one anyway.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce I really appreciate your quick response. Is there a way of detecting how old my td 8 is? Last week I looked up the operating system and it had a date of 9/16/1999 in the same window. I assume that is the year. Or maybe it is when they first started manufacturing that model and all the models have that same date on them. Anyways that would make my module almost 10 years old if this is the case. I thought if I could get one that was only 2 or 3 years old maybe I would get more life out of it.
        Let me know what you think.
        Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

1999 was the year the TD-8 first became available, so they probably all have that date for the operating system. I think you would be wasting your money by trying to get one which may be a year or two younger (though you'd probably have no way of being sure); unless your current module has been badly treated or you can get another one really cheaply.

Bruce

Comment

What? The TD-8 has been DISCONTINUED??? Someone better tell Roland Australia!!!
            http://www.rolandcorp.com.au/default.aspx?prd=373
            . digitalDrummer
            Review index

Comment

Hmm.. the whole site seems to be discontinued

I'm always forwarded to :
              http://www.rolandcorp.com.au/General...=/default.aspx
              TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
              Loving it every second..

Comment

Working...
              X