Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD7 rim sensors occasionally don't sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jammin777
    replied
    i had a pd 7 do that to me. i peeled the rubber off the pad and found a loose wire on the piezo. resolderd and fixed the problem

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    You could try reducing the Threshold setting for those crash pads so that they are generally easier to trigger, as long as that doesn't then introduce false triggering via crosstalk vibrations from other pads.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Tim York
    replied
    Thanks Bruce, that seems to have worked mostly, although they still cut out occasionally.

I was wondering if this was a fault of the pads, or if there's a specific way to hit them to guarantee always sounding.

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    For each PD-7, reduce CROSSTALK (Cancel) at SETUP, TRIG (F1), ADVNCD (F2) whilst hitting the crash and kick together until the crash doesn't cut out.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Tim York
    started a topic PD7 rim sensors occasionally don't sound

PD7 rim sensors occasionally don't sound

I find when I hit the rims on my PD7s, sometimes they don't sound. Particularly when hitting a crash with a kick. I've tried playing with settings to no avail, and also mounting the PD7 on a separate cymbal stand.

(I teach drums on this kit and I want my students to hit the PD7 on the edge when they crash - so they learn to crash with the shoulder of the stick, not the tip).

Anyone else have this problem?
Working...
X