Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart KSM Kontrol Screen mesh heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart KSM Kontrol Screen mesh heads

Has anyone used the Hart KSM Kontrol Screen mesh heads? How are they compared to the roland heads? Are they single or double ply?
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

I have used the Hart heads on all my drums for about a year. I like the feel a little better than the Rolands. They were easier to come by and a little bit less expensive at the time I was updating my heads. No problems.

Comment

Well, I am biased since I am a Hart guy, but the Magnums are great. Been playing on the same snare head for over two years now with no sign of wear...and I hammer the crap out of my snare. The old Kontrol Screens (black) were double-ply and the newer Magnums (white) are single-ply. Don't let the number of plys scare you though. The single-ply Magnums are actually much stronger than the old double-plys. As I mentioned, I am fairly abusive to my snare (I play metal, so there you go), with the old double-plys I went through heads fairly fast. These new ones?...they take all my abuse and actually laugh at me...or that could be my kids.
      TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Thank you for the replys. I actually have the black double ply and noticed you can't buy them anymore.
        Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

I've got the older heads in black on my kit and actually prefer that look. When, oh when, will we get the new Magnums available in black?!?!
          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Working...
          X