Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD20 with FD8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD20 with FD8

I purchased an FD8 to use with my SPDS (so I can use it as a small kit) and everything is working great.

Today, just for "fun" I hooked up the FD8 to my TD20 to see what I could do with it. I can see how to get it to change kits, start/stop a pattern, etc, but the polarity seems to be backwards. It only does the intended function when I LIFT the pedal up.

I cant seem to find anywhere to change the polarity of the pedal on the TD20?! Am I missing something?!...

Thanks,

Ray

I think that's to be expected with an FD-8 in the Foot Switch input of a TD-20 because it does have the opposite polarity from a foot switch like a DP-2 or FS-5U etc. But there's no Foot Switch Polarity setting on a TD-20 like there is on an SPD-S so that you can use an FD pedal in a Foot Switch input. A $13 DP-2 instead is probably the only practical solution.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
    X