Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Ahead Aluminium drum sticks bad for V-Drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Ahead Aluminium drum sticks bad for V-Drums?

I don't know why, I but I want some Aluminium sticks because I just like metal.

But I think I read that they were really bad for Electronic drums? Is the case? I don't know why they should be, after all, they have a nylon tip, so are no different in that regards to wood.

Could someone confirm if they are a bad thing to use?

Jon

You reminded me I had an old pair of aluminum sticks. The ends are plastic. I guess I stopped playing them because they are fatter than what I normally use. I dug them out and tried them. They seem to have a little more bounce to them but other than that, no problem. I might give them a try for some variety.

The only type stick I found I didn't like was the acrylic. They flexed too much and were unnatural. I felt that there was too much flex and they might cause wrist problems. I got them when I played "real" drums and they didn't work well on them either. They played real well on my couch... but I digress.

Generally, if they work on acoustic drums, they work with the e's. Exception, wire brushes. The strands tend to get caught up in the mesh.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

There is no danger in using them. (assuming there are no sharp parts or burrs) It is all a matter of feel.
      sigpic

Comment

Nope. I've used them for years. Just make sure the tips are glued on correctly.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...
        X