Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with B-52 Matrix 1000

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problems with B-52 Matrix 1000

    Hi,

    I just picked up a B52 Matrix system and hooked it up to a TD6v using 1/4 instrument out to a DI box with XLR from there to the B52. The sound with the module turned all the way up and the gain set to max on the amp is barely louder than the stick sounds on mesh heads. I have also tried an instrument to xlr cable and another converter. Voltage is correct as is the ground. What am I missing?

    Thanks!

    Fred
    TD-6SXT; 2 additional pd-80; 1 additional cy-8; 1 additional kd-8; several v-expressions sets

  • #2
    Which TD-6V output are you using?


    Bruce

    Comment


    • #3
      I tried both the line outs and the head phone out and neither would produce what I would call a usable signal. I took the module over to guitar center and worked with the live sound guys for about an hour. We finally found a mixer (Mackie DFX6) that upped the gains to a point that the signal was respectable. It was still no where near what the B-52 was capable of producing, but it did project the the drums nicely. However after playing for about an hour on the kit it was my opinion that the B-52 could not accurately reproduce the sounds of smaller drums and percussion. It sounded great on the bass, snare, cymbals and large toms, but on the smaller toms (8", hand percussion, Latin, etc...) it just sounded very sharp and bright. After $1200 in equipment I expected more so I returned the mixer and amp and will just get an acoustic set for live shows.
      TD-6SXT; 2 additional pd-80; 1 additional cy-8; 1 additional kd-8; several v-expressions sets

      Comment


      • #4
        I could understand that you would have problems if you used the R output or Phones output for a single mono DI/XLR feed, but using the L (MONO) output should have been fine.


        Bruce

        Comment

        Working...
        X