Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-12 VDrumLib / MIDI Communication Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-12 VDrumLib / MIDI Communication Error

Exporting to VDrumLib is fine, can edit and save COSM, but when I try exporting using my UNO, my module tells me "MIDI Communication Error" (Accept). What could be causing this? I've installed the drivers from the m-audio site and have tried both XP SP2 and Vista. I've also tried reversing the MIDI cables. Is there a function within the TD-12 I have to activate to receive data, much like I have to do to transmit? Rx and Tx are both on.

I've read every related post regarding this problem but none seemed to help.

Nothing to set on your TD-12. If you are seeing that error message, then that means that your TD-12 is receiving the MIDI info, but something is wrong with the data. Have you tried another USB port?

BTW, I can help you troubleshoot the problem with your UNO if you send me an email via the contact info at vdrumlib.com.

Thanks,
    -SD-

Comment

I've tried multiple USB ports. The data I'm trying to send to my TD-12 is the "Everything" backup I performed. My module is more or less factory default. Should I download a VEx kit and try to send that? Is it possible I'm just out of room on my module?

Comment

Originally posted by ewoki13 View Post
        I've tried multiple USB ports. The data I'm trying to send to my TD-12 is the "Everything" backup I performed. My module is more or less factory default. Should I download a VEx kit and try to send that? Is it possible I'm just out of room on my module?
        No you are not out of room on your module. The problem is with the UNO. So, I imagine you will get the same issues with any kits that you try to load. I'll email you some smaller .syx files so that you can try them.

-SD-

Comment

That'd be awesome. I've sent you a message.

Comment

I have the same issue with the UNO usb-midi cable. I can bulk dum into vlib find but can not send the the syx file to my TD12 module. I keep getting the warning that MIDI Communication Error !.

What do you do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Comment

You need to install the M-Audio Series II driver. Here is a link to the instructions for installing the Series II driver for your M-Audio UNO:
              http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...a8f3bcc8849bb8

I know that the instructions on that page say that "...no driver is required for basic operation," but you need more than just "basic operation." So, if you read further, the instructions say that "Windows XP users can download and install an M-Audio driver if they wish to use the device to send or receive long SysEx (system exclusive) commands." Since VDrum backups contain nothing but long SysEx commands, you really need the Series II drivers if you want perfect backups.

BTW, I replied to your email me. If you want to email me your backup, I will look at it for you to see if I can see any errors in the file.

-SD-

Comment

Working...
              X