Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help me [DM5/CY-5]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help me [DM5/CY-5]

HI.mY FIRST TIME EVER EXPIRIENCE E DRUMS AND I HAVE some questions.

first I ordered separated parts(tom,snare,cymbal)some of them roland and some millenium and ALESIS DM5 DRUMMODUL.can i combine them or i have to buy another module?

second ROLAND CY-5 V DRUM HI-HAT PAD is a two pieces hi-hat?because i ordered a millenium HI-HAT stand.sould i have to buy another two-piece like ROLAND VH-11 V DRUM HI-HAT PAD?and if i buy the roland i have to buy a roland hi-hat stand?

PLEASE I AM LOST HELP ME.MY THANKS KEEP DRUMING

The DM5 should be fine with Roland pads and cymbals.
    The CY5 is a single-piece hihat and should mount straight onto the rack. It doesn't need a hi-hat stand, and in fact has its own pedal (if you've ordered that), the FD-8.
    Good luck with it all.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

^^^^ Edit: What he said...must have beat me to the punch^^^^

Hi,
      I'm afraid I can't answer your question on mixing Millenium as I am not familiar with that nor do I have actual experience using a DM5 module with Roland gear. I understand that the Alesis I/O has challenges with Roland pads, but I'll defer to the experts on the DM5.

The CY-5 is a single pad solution that you mount to your drum stand/cage using a standard Roland tom mount. I have it and it works great. No need for a hi hat stand and no need to use two pads together. For a Roland module, the open/close nature of the hi hat is caused using a Roland FD-7 or FD-8. Not sure if this would apply to the DM5.

You might want to ask the DM5 question in the Technical forum where there is bound to be someone there who would know. Good luck and welcome aboard!
      Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Sotaz,

I deleted your duplicate posts in different forums and merged them - and all the responses - to the proper forum.

PLEASE do not post the same question in multiple forums; it creates many problems. The biggest concern is that people post some different and some same responses all over the place.

On addition, I and another Moderator were BOTH trying to correct these duplicate postings by deleting, merging, and moving posts at the same time - creating even more problems.

I hope the end result, once Amonline and I both got coordinated in what we had to do to correct the dulicate postings, gave you the answer you needed and provides a method to obtain more needed information in a focused part of our board.
        Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Working...
        X