Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensitivity for floor tom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitivity for floor tom

When I play my floor tom 12" near the rim with a buzz roll it miss triggers. If I plug my snare cord into the floor tom jack it plays perfect. Is there an adjustment for the Toms?
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Yes, but it's not likely to be sensitivity causing that problem. Try reducing the settings for Mask Time and/or Crosstalk Cancel at SETUP, TRIG (F1), ADVNCD (F2), hit the tom. Try Mask Time = 0 and Crosstalk OFF.

Bruce

Comment

I set crosstalk to 0 and mask time was already set to 0. Is there any other settings?
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

You could try reducing RETRIGCANCL to its minimum of 1, as long as that doesn't cause double triggers from a single hit, and try adjusting SCAN TIME.

After that, there are no other module settings which would cause dropped triggers so it may just be the drum and its slightly larger size. Is the head tensioned as tightly as the snare?

Do you often NEED to play buzz rolls on the floor tom near the rim in normal playing?

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X