Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cy15r cymbal compatible with Td-8 module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cy15r cymbal compatible with Td-8 module

Is the roland cy15r cymbal compatible with roland Td-8 module? Are all roland 15" cymbals 3 zone?
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Originally posted by vjboc View Post
    Is the roland cy15r cymbal compatible with roland Td-8 module?
    The official answer from Roland is, "No": The three-way trigger of the CY-15R and CY-12R/C is available only with ...

But it will work using two inputs if the head sound of the second is set to "OFF": 3-Zone Cymbals

Are all roland 15" cymbals 3 zone?
    Yes.

Bruce

Comment

RE: cy15r cymbal compatible with Td-8 module

Thank you Bruce. This site is awesome.

From what I understand from reading the info you gave me , It takes 2 inputs to make the 3 zones work. Can I use aux. for one of the inputs?
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

My drum kit

Comment

Thank you Bruce. This site is awesome.

From what I understand from reading the info you gave me , It takes 2 inputs to make the 3 zones work. Can I use aux. for one of the inputs?

Yes you can

Comment

Does the Td-8 need to be updated for the cy15r cymbal to work? Or will it be O.K.

My drum kit

Comment

It should be fine with the triggers set to one of the cymbal settings. You will need to remember to set one of the bow triggers to off (no sound).

Comment

But without the 1.10 update the TD-8 doesn't have cymbal settings.

Bruce

Comment

Does the update cause any preset loss? I have some kits dialed in for a project I am working on.

My drum kit

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                  But without the 1.10 update the TD-8 doesn't have cymbal settings.
                  Bruce
                  I was hoping vjboc would spot the concurrent post http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40439 about the update and pad settings.

Comment

Does the update cause any preset loss? I have some kits dialed in for a project I am working on.
                    Preset kits; No. But any tweaked kits or settings; Yes:

***TD-8 System Update Procedure***

**Note: All Custom Data and settings will be lost when updating the TD-8's operating system. Please backup all important information.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce can I do the update straight from my computer to the Td-8?
                      Is this a hard procedure? Is there any directions anywhere? cause I am clueless when it come to this stuff.

My drum kit

Comment

Use the SMF player from the Roland website, then all you need is a midi cable from your computer. Worked for me...
                        My Kit
                        http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Working...
                        X