Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD6V outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD6V outputs

Question: Can the midi out on a TD6V be used to seperate the instruments into 1/4 inch outputs? I believe I saw a studio device once on ebay that would do that, but I'm not sure. I cannot find a reference for this, maybe I just don't know where to look. Anybody have any info or have you tried this?

Originally posted by drumslinger50 View Post
    Question: Can the midi out on a TD6V be used to seperate the instruments into 1/4 inch outputs? I believe I saw a studio device once on ebay that would do that, but I'm not sure. I cannot find a reference for this, maybe I just don't know where to look. Anybody have any info or have you tried this?
    You mean like a reverse tmc-6?

E
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I doubt it ... Midi does not send sound. I guess you can send this to an application that will convert the MIDI in to audio, and that application may have an interface to isolate the different groups (toms, cymbals, snare ...). Sounds complicated, plus you would not be using the sound engine of the TD6. Can you pan some instruments left and some right? That way you can have some isolation with the master L/R 1/4" outputs.

Comment

Hi drumslinger,

MIDI is MIDI and audio is audio - they only really meet in the PC......
        -if you record MIDI into (e.g.) ProTools and assign the MIDI tracks to a sampler (e.g. Structure) then you can do the separation you are after but I wouldn't recommend this for live - too much fiddling around and the latency may send you insane....

- cheapest option is probably to add another TD-6V module - then you would have 4 separate channels by panning thoughtfully
        - best option is probably a TD-20.....$s again is the answer

Comment

Working...
        X