Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! [Hart snare on TD-8]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! [Hart snare on TD-8]

I'm new to e-drumming. I bought a used set of Hart's with a Roland TD-8 and have been practicing (by myself) for a couple of weeks and learning the settings, etc.

Today I have my first "group" practice and last night I adjusted the height of the snare. To do so, I shut everything down and unplugged the snare to take it off the stand. This morning I turned everything on, but forgot to plug the snare back in, so I powered everything back down, plugged the snare back in and powered up.

NO SNARE TRIGGER LIGHT, and, of course, NO SNARE SOUND.

I tried various things like trying to set up the snare all over again but NOTHING. Out of desperation I switched cords with a cymbal, thinking MAYBE I had a bad cord. That worked, but so did the cymbal, meaning both cords are good.

WHY did the snare suddenly start working, and IF this happens today when I set up for practice WHAT DO I DO???

Do you think there's something wrong with the module? This happened once before with the HH, then it just started working.

Any help would be appreciated here. I'm heading to practice in a couple of hours.

Tomlin

Maybe some of the cords that came with the kit are bad. Might be a good idea to buy some new cords. Also maybe you need to do a factory reset.

But if you do a factory reset your gonna loose all the settings you saved or the last owner of the kit saved.

Comment

Working...
    X