Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra Snare on TMC6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Snare on TMC6?

Hi, i have a TD12 and a TMC6, on wich i have connected a second snare, a PDX8. the problem is that i cannot choose a different snare than the one alrady selected from the TD12 module...

how can i set this up to work and choose an other instrument?

You have to set the TMC6 to channel 11 and select one of the non-COSM snares.

With the TD-12/20, you only get as many COSM voices as there are pads.

The percussion sets on channel 11 can have up to 128 instruments, but you can only set basic things like pitch and decay.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Michael is a long time i don't have a "chat" with you.... is also long time i'm not posting on the forum. I was busy and now i have some more free time...

thanks for your answer, but... where should i set this? I mean, in the TMC6 i set the channel, (is already on channel 11), then what else? And what exactly should i set on the TD12?

thanks mate !

Comment

Actually, there is a way to have a second COSM snare using a TMC-6 connected to your TD12.

What you need to do is assign the snare trigger on the TMC-6 to the kick drum rim (midi note #35, channel 10) and select a snare in place of the kick rim sound (make sure the head / rim switch is off) on your TD12.
        I am using the kick rim as a second splash cymbal but you can assign it as anything you want.
        You can still use your other trigger inputs on the TMC-6 with the percussion instruments on your TD12 too because the midi channel (on the TMC-6) can be assigned on a per trigger basis

Comment

SP, you are brilliant! I keep forgetting about that unused kick rim.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
            SP, you are brilliant! I keep forgetting about that unused kick rim.
            Cheers Michael
            Just passing on some of the hints and tips I've picked up from people like yourself, JMan and Bruce (and everyone else!!) on this wonderful forum

Comment

is that step explained in details in the manual of the TD12? or the TMC6?

Comment

Originally posted by tonkpils View Post
                is that step explained in details in the manual of the TD12? or the TMC6?
                Not really. It's a combination of steps 1-6 on page 13 of the TMC-6 manual (setting MIDI channel and note number), and pages 72 (MIDI channel) and 92 (MIDI note number for the unused kick rim) of the TD-12 manual.

Bruce

Comment

ok... i had it working from the TMC6. i send midi signal, but still i cannot get something different than the selected drumkit... the max i can have is a second floor tom on the left side.....

but nothing more... how can i select a "piccolo" snare, for instance?

Comment

ok... i had it working from the TMC6. i send midi signal, but still i cannot get something different than the selected drumkit... the max i can have is a second floor tom on the left side.....

but nothing more... how can i select a "piccolo" snare, for instance?
                    If you have the specific pad sending midi note #35 to channel 10 from your TMC6 and it is playing the sound from your module, you have that part correct (you should be hearing the kick rim sound by default).
                    Press 'instrument' on your module and hit that pad and you should see the corresponding instrument assigned to it show up on the LCD (again, the kick drum by default). Then, make sure the head and rim option is not lit up (press F5 to make sure the H & R is NOT black). Hit the pad again and scroll through the instruments until you have the snare sound you want on that pad. You should still hear a kick sound when you hit your kick pedal if you have done this correctly.

Comment

Hey thanks !!! Works fine...
                      but how can i assign a sound to the rim?
                      and also... it is correct that when i hit the pad i see 'rim' lighting on the TD12 panel?

thanks again....

Comment

Hey thanks !!! Works fine...
                        but how can i assign a sound to the rim?
                        The steps above are for assigning a sound to the rim. The kick drum rim sound is normally not used which is why we've chosen that. Basically, it is a spare COSM sound just waiting to be utilised
                        and also... it is correct that when i hit the pad i see 'rim' lighting on the TD12 panel?

thanks again....
                        You're welcome and yes, that is correct.

Comment

Working...
                        X