Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-125 on a TD-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-125 on a TD-10?

Would there be any advantage in using a pd125 instead of a pd120 on a TD-10? I played a full td20 kit today at GC and really liked the way the snare tracked what I was playing.......but that brain is too damn expensive

Only for rim triggering I think; more even with better rim shot sensitivity and reliable cross stick.

Bruce

Comment

You can probably convert one of your pd120s into a pd125. I've been looking at doing this myself, but haven't found particularly conclusive info on if it's possible to remove the crossbar and replace with the basket/spider and what else might be needed to get the improved cross stick and rimshot. I've also heard Roland is getting tougher to get these parts from to discourage DIY pads made from their parts.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
        Only for rim triggering I think; more even with better rim shot sensitivity and reliable cross stick.

Bruce
        I've never cross sticked in my life
        So I tell the TD-10 the PD-125 is a PD-120 in the SETUP screens, and enjoy? Could a forumite chime in with this setup and confirm the PD-125 will be better than a 120 on a TD-10 brain?.....or does the TD-20 make ALL the difference?

Comment

bumpity bump

Comment

I'm not the expert, but you should be fine using the "12A" pad selection for the PD-125 (It's what I use with a DIY snare). The 12A setting should give you everything: positional detection, cross-stick (not that you'd need it ).
            Roland TD-10exp, DIY 13" snare, DIY toms, DIY mesh Bass Trigger, Roland CY-15r, CY-8, CY-5, and Pintech PC cymbals

Comment

Working...
            X