Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting a TD-12 kit on a MDS-6 rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a TD-12 kit on a MDS-6 rack?

Hi everyone

Has anybody tried to mount a TD-12 kit onto an MDS-6 (TD6) rack?
    Is there enough room for the module on the left bar when using a hihat stand and the VH-11?

Any advice or experience would be great. Thanks in advance
    www.nickpolley.co.uk
    UK Pro Drummer + Roland endorsee

Originally posted by Nick Polley View Post
    Has anybody tried to mount a TD-12 kit onto an MDS-6 (TD6) rack? Is there enough room for the module on the left bar when using a hihat stand and the VH-11?
    Yes it should fit - I used to use a VH-11 with my TD-6 and an MDS-6. Obviously it's a bit more of a squeeze compared to the MDS-12 stand, but since you don't need the left arm for the hat pad, you can get away with a cymbal arm and the module easily. You might think about a snare stand to give you more flexibility (and it will free up the snare arm for you to use elsewhere if necessary), but that's not essential. If you start to put larger pads (10 or 12 inch) on the rack (instead of the PD-85s) then it has a tendency to become a bit unstable.... that's why I ended up upgrading to an MDS-12.

Comment

I once had 3 PD-105's hanging on the MDS-6C stand, which worked perfectly well, except for some stability issues . The module will fit very well and the TD12 pad setup is identical to the default TD-6KX kit, so no problem there. I upgraded to an MDS-12 and recently to an MDS-20BK, because a drumkit needs to be big in my opinion
      TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
      Loving it every second..

Comment

Working...
      X