Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD10 pad settings for pads with real drumheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD10 pad settings for pads with real drumheads

Hi All,

Has anyone ever used pads with real drumheads (as opposed to the mesh heads) like the ddrum3 pads with the TD-10? I would like to know what trigger settings to use for pads of this sort.

Thanks,

T

I think I'd try what the TD-10 manual says on Page 108:

"When using a pad made by another manufacturer, first select “PD7” and try playing the pad. If, with this setting, the pad striking force does not produce a stable volume, try a setting of “P1.” A setting of “P2” will be even more stable, but since the Scan Time (p.111) will be even longer, the interval from when the pad is struck until the sound is heard will be slightly (approximately 0.003 seconds) longer."

Bruce

Comment

I tried that but when playing fast single stroke rolls, some strokes do not register.

Comment

With PD7 and P1 and P2? Try reducing Mask Time to 0, and RetrigCancel to the lowest value which doesn't produce double triggers from a single strike.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X