Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha cymbal on a roland td12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha cymbal on a roland td12

Hi.

I am interested in getting a bigger ride cymbal for my new roland kit however the price of the roland cymbal cy 15 is like 170 or the cy 14 160.

I have found a YAMAHA PCY-150S Cymbal-Pad for 100 or the YAMAHA PCY-130S for 77. if these would work i would just get one of these as an extra cymbal. 150s is a 3 zone cymbal and if i used the 2 aux outputs i could configure edge, bow and bell.

or would i just get the two zones in whick case i would get one of these and a cy8 to use as a splash would still be cheaper that one roland cymbal.

any help would be appriciated. im not into modifying stuff ive bought, not technical so dont wanna mess anything up like.

cheers in advance for any help.

Raguel.

Search in here. There's a DIY thread on how to convert the 150S to three zones that will work perfect with the TD12.

I've not worked with the 150S but have 2 130Ses that I use as crashes. Great cymbals.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
    X