Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get a GM or XG kit to recognize between the TD-12s open and closed HHs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a GM or XG kit to recognize between the TD-12s open and closed HHs?

I've recorded MIDI tracks onto Cubase with my TD-12. I am now trying to export those tracks to my Yamaha keyboard which uses General MIDI (GM) and XG kits. But since the TD-12 records both open and closed HHs on one key with the only difference being the "foot control" for open/close, how do I get my GM and XG kits to recognize the difference since on them open and closed are on difference keys (F# and A#)?

Thanks, Chony

Please let me know if it can't be done, or if I'm not explaining myself well enough...

I was playing my MIDI TD-12 drum tracks through to my "Toontracks EZDrummer" VSTi in Cubase and it sounded terrible because of the HHs. It treats all the HHs as opens.

Comment

Working...
    X