Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-6v midi issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-6v midi issues

Hey guys- I'm new to this forum and did a little searching about for this issue but no dice. Any help would be appreciated.

My setup is as follows:

td-6v MIDI out --> lexicon lambda usb interface --> cubase le

cubase le --> lexicon lambda --> td-6v MIDI in

I've been able to record a midi track from the kit into cubase; however, when I hit play in cubase I want my td-6v to play back the incoming data.

My ultimate goal was to be able to record a drum track via midi, copy that midi multiple times and create a midi track for each drum, then use the td-6v's 1/4" outputs to record that into cubase so I can do EQ'ing and processing on each individual drum.

My MIDI settings in the brain are as follows:

Note Chase: On
    Local Control: Off
    Sync Mode: INT
    Ch10Priority: Kit
    Pd1DataThin: 1
    GM Mode: Off
    RX GM On: On
    Soft Thru: Off
    TC PC Sw: ON
    RX PC Sw: ON

To try to narrow down the problem, I tried the exact same setup as above with my keyboard and when I record a midi keyboard track then play it back through cubase, the keyboard sounds.

I'm probably missing something dumb/small but any help will be appreciated.

Welcome!

I think you may just need to set the output channel to 10 in Cubase. (Keyboards are often set to receive on channel 1 or all channels.)

Bruce

Comment

thanks for posting bart.

i double checked all of my settings in cubase, and i do indeed have the track set to channel 10. i e-mailed roland's tech support and all they said was that the brain's default channel is 10 (which we already knew :P)...

i've attached a snapshot of what my cubase screen looks like. i'm getting midi data in (as you can see), but when i hit play nothing happens.

hopefully the picture will point out something stupid i did thats easily fixable
      Attached Files

Comment

Try changing the Sync Mode to EXT

Comment

unfortunately that didn't work either- I tried all the combinations with both the cubase settings and the td6...

does anyone know if there's a diagnostic tool to see if all of the ports on the td6 are functioning correctly? i even did a factory reset and tried everything again- still no dice.

Comment

Have you ever uploaded a Kit to your TD6V via SysEx? SysEx doesnt send over a midi channel, so it should at least test that your midi out of your computer is working going into your TD6V.

Comment

How about SETUP, MIDI PART and check that KitPart is set to Channel 10?

One way to test (with LocalControl OFF) is to connect a MIDI cable from the module's MIDI Out to the module's MIDI In.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
              X