Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Patterns and Kits question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterns and Kits question

A quick question that I can't answer myself from the TD-10 manual...

I can play any of the 50 preset patterns, and then select any drumkit and play on top of the pattern.

But, if I create my own pattern, it seems to always use the sounds of the current kit.

For example, suppose I want to use kit X to program in a simple backing pattern, because kit X has some neat percussion instruments in that kit. But I want to use kit Y to play along.

What happens is, when I switch to kit Y, the pattern changes to use whatever corresponding instruments are setup in kit Y, instead of "knowing" to use the sounds from kit X.

Can I do this the way I can with the preset patterns?

Thanks!
    TD-10 (not expanded), PD-120, 2xPD-100, KD-7, snare stand, double-tom stand.

>> I can play any of the 50 preset patterns, ...
    >> But, if I create my own pattern, it seems to always ...

No But, PurpleGuy. User created patterns perform *exactly* as the preset patterns.

They both always use the currently selected kit - as you said - think about it. The instruments(patches) you are jammin' to when you play the preset patterns are not kit patches but perc. group patches.

By default, all kits are assigned perc. group 1 - and the percussion you hear that doesn't change from kit to kit as the pattern plays is from the percussion group patches.

>> Can I do this the way I can with the preset patterns?

Yep. Some suggestions can be found at

whew-whew (blowing the dust off the link)
    http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000130.html

By the way, if you are wondering how I could have responded to a post in 1999, seeing how I've only been registered since Apr 2000, I must confess that I am actually in a retrograde time pattern, and I already know how it *all* turns out!!!

Gosh, looking back, I can barely remember the TD-1000 with the spotty alpha wave interface ... but they fixed that with the TDW-100 expansion chip... couldn't even tell it was implanted under my thick eyebrow (I still sport the cro-magnon look that was ever so chic in 2067...)

If I could only see how it all got started...

Comment

Working...
    X