Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIDI cables for VDRUMLIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI cables for VDRUMLIB

Ok, I am going to purchase the cables today at my local GC for using VDRUMLIB. Any suggestions on model/price? THX.

Roland UM-1EX if you are looking for USB-to-MIDI.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

what about CME U2MIDI USB Cable-Like MIDI Interface from GC? Its $30. They don't carry the Roland model (from thier web page).

From Guitar Center:
      The U2MIDI is a USB bus-powered, cable-like MIDI interface that connects any MIDI device to your Mac or Windows computer. It features 1 MIDI-IN, 1 MIDI-OUT, instant plug-and-play compatibility to all software, as well as special processing technology to provide faster response than your average USB MIDI interfaces. Want to save time by recording more than one MIDI instrument at once? Just plug in multiple U2MIDIs into your computer and hit record.

CME U2MIDI USB Cable-Like MIDI Interface Features:
      Cable-like USB MIDI interface
      1 MIDI-IN, 1 MIDI-OUT
      USB 2.0 full-speed transmission
      Faster response than normal USB MIDI interface
      Plug-and-play USB class-compliant.
      USB bus-powered with indication LED
      Requirements
      PC with Windows XP
      Mac OS 9.0.4 or higher
      Computer with USB port

Will this work with the SW? If not I guess I can order on line.

Comment

I have no experience with that cable, nor do I have any customers that have told me they do. However, It appears (from the Google) that this cable uses Win drivers. (I could be wrong about that) If this is true, I'd steer clear from it. Ken at VDL also highly recommends the UM-1EX. It would be worth the extra day or two to order it online.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ok thanks. What's a reputable place on line that would have these? Also, the hidden COSM features for the TD12, are they that big of an improvement in your opinion? I am thinking MIC placement would have a great impact on the snare ....

Comment

My cable is a very affordable ESI MIDIMATE which I bought from a local music shop on the South Coast but they're available online in loads of locations.
            www.catlake.co.uk ~ www.celticconfusion.co.uk

Currently using a Roland TD-6KX V-Tour Kit - click here for info!

Comment

Originally posted by vdrummer20 View Post
              what about CME U2MIDI USB Cable-Like MIDI Interface from GC? Its $30. They don't carry the Roland model (from thier web page).
              Haven't personally tried this cable, but here is one person's experience with it:
              http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39239

What's a reputable place on line that would have these?
              I do recommend the Edirol UM-1EX and here is one reputable place that has it in-stock with free shipping:
              http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UM1EX

-SD-

Comment

Ok thanks. What's a reputable place on line that would have these? Also, the hidden COSM features for the TD12, are they that big of an improvement in your opinion? I am thinking MIC placement would have a great impact on the snare ....
                Yes, those features make a HUGE difference in the achievement of the modeling. As for where to get the cable... ZZounds, 8th Street, B&H, RMC Audio, Sweetwater, ...pretty much any of the big names for something like this. I checked Kraft, but he doesn't have it listed.
                Alan

Comment

Thanks to all. Ordered from sweetwater (B&H is closed until Monday! Did not want to wait that long to ship it out).

So I will mess around with the VDRUMLIB for a bit, and then get the professor's pack. Life is grand.

Comment

I ordered via sweetwater, and they actually called me to see if I had any additional questions. Nice customer focus. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I've got the M-audio Midisport Uno. It works very well for $40.

Comment

I ordered via sweetwater, and they actually called me to see if I had any additional questions. Nice customer focus. Thanks for the tip.
                        That's pretty cool!

Originally posted by ettsn View Post
                        I've got the M-audio Midisport Uno. It works very well for $40.
                        We've had A LOT of complaints about the UNO lately. We're thinking that M-Audio has changed production of the unit or something in the driver that has been causing a lot of issues and/or conflicts. Emails got so numerous that we removed it from our recommendation. If you have one that works - that's awesome. Just don't update the driver.
                        Alan

Comment

Um-1ex

I have the UM-1EX and have used with no problems.

One thing that did come up a few months back was someone didn't have the 'Thru' switch set to off. Don't remember if it comes out of the box with it set to on or off.
                          Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Has anybody tried this midi cable http://cgi.ebay.com/New-USB-MIDI-Con...QQcmdZViewItem? They seem cheap. What do you folks think?
                            Gretsch Catalina Birch Dark Walnut A2E Conversion kit, DIY Sabian B8 cymbals, TD20 Sound Module

Comment

My motto is "you get what you pay for".
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X