Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Td 12/20 differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td 12/20 differences

Im curious on the main differences. I can't afford the 20 at the moment but im wondering if the extra features on the it are worth extra money. My main use i want out of it is to change drums to any size and material:steel, brass, and wood. I also want to be able to have two snares two rack toms and two floor toms. Would i be able to do this setup on a td 12?
    Last edited by Pmh5; 04-21-08, 08:44 PM. Reason: Adding question mark for message icon

Yes.

As for the main differences, fewer outputs on the TD12. Not important unless you are doing very involved recording or mixing.

Using VdrumLib will give you access to a lot of the features available on the TD20 that you can't access on the TD12's regular menu.

I would say if it's a question of getting the TD12 now or waiting to get the TD20, go ahead and get the TD12 and VdrumLib. It's unlikely you will regret this decision.
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Same challenge I am having. Of course there is this long awaited, "soon to be released" upgrade coming for the TD-20 that folks are hoping will take the -20 to 11. Nothing like Roland to put that out there to drive more frenzy to the -20.
      Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Working...
      X