Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help TD-8 / TMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help TD-8 / TMC

Hello all, I have done some looking but just cant seem to get it right. I have a Roland TD-8 with maxed out inputs and i want to use my Alesis DM5 or eDrum trigger to midi converter to trigger some more pads via midi. So basically what im looking for is the TD-8 equivalent of the "TMC-6 / TD-20 how to" sticky (yes i tried following that but couldn't seem to get it). so here is what is happening right now. The dm5 is set to ch10 and so is the td-8, the trigger light on the td-8 lights up when i hit the dm5 pad, i do get some sounds if i set the dm5 to send to proper note. what i want to do is select what sound i want and not just trigger the general maps. Im am fairly new to this midi thing so please be kind. I believe i have to do something with the pattern feature? Any help or links to threads i've missed would be a great help. Thank you

Dave
    Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

one of my kits http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=zdavesf

Tmc-6

I don't have a TMC-6 or TD-8, but have looked at getting one for my TD-6 in the past so I downloaded the manual. There is a section on using the TMC-6 to add pads to a TD-6 and TD-8.

I now use a TD-3 sometimes like a TD-6 and had to learn about assigning the percussion groups. Essentially I had to assign the different groups to some user songs so I could switch between them easily.

Hope this helps.
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Yes; Pages 16-17 of the TMC-6 manual deal specifically with triggering any sounds on a TD-8 via MIDI by using User Percussion Sets on Channel 11.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess i didnt think to look in the TMC-6 manual because i dont have one ill try to get it going tonight. if i can get it working i could have potential for alot of inputs ( 2 alesis dm5's = 24 inputs, 1 edrum 22 ch and 1 edrum 24 on the way = 46, 24 + 46 + 12 (TD-8) = 82... are there even that many notes to be triggered?

Dave
        Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

Comment

Not quite; you can use note numbers 18-96 in a TD-8 percussion set, so 79 different sounds would be available.

Bruce

Comment

Ya, I got it working with the DM5... I will post how I did it just in case someone else needs help like I did. Now I just need to make room for 50 more trigger and I will be set

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction you guys

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X