Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-6V, adjusting trigger sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6V, adjusting trigger sensitivity

Let's say that I'm using the RideX feature on the TD-6V. Is there a way to back off on the sensitivity, so it takes a harder hit to activate the sound you get when you strike harder? I'm using the CY-12R/C for the ride and on say the VEX packs for instance, they are set up to where you get 3 sounds out of the ride, because you've got the bow and edge sounds but also a 3rd sound when you hit the bow harder. But I find it triggers the 3rd sound way to easily so I end up just using the bell/bow input and get the seperation I need that way, but thus sacrificing the 3rd sound.

This make any sense to anyone?
    Last edited by Greenbutmean; 04-20-08, 03:39 PM.

I think you are asking if you can adjust the sensitivity of the velocity sensing to alter when the sound changes from bow to bell?

Have you tried altering the trigger curve?

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
      I think you are asking if you can adjust the sensitivity of the velocity sensing to alter when the sound changes from bow to bell?

Have you tried altering the trigger curve?
      Pretty sure that's what I'm asking. I will try that. I wonder can you change that per trigger, or is it a global setting? I will consult the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbutmean View Post
        Pretty sure that's what I'm asking. I will try that. I wonder can you change that per trigger, or is it a global setting? I will consult the manual.
        Per trigger I think.
        Exp 1 or Exp 2 might do what you want - depends if the trigger change is based on a volume basis or the strike force.

Comment

Velocity switching could easily mean either. Where's Bruce or Drew?

Comment

I think it's really volume, and therefore the trigger curve selected will affect the crossover point between bow and bell on the "velocity-switched" sounds. I believe I've used EXPonential curves for ride triggers on TD-6, TD-8 and TD-20 modules for this reason.

Bruce

Comment

Hey, thanks Bruce! Might give that a go.....

Comment

Yep me too, thanks people. I will give this a try later today and post back here with results.

Comment

OK folks, did a bit of tinkering around with this.

It would seem that I had the trigger curve too sensitive. I actually think it might've been EXP1 or 2 that made it trigger too easily. I don't have much patience for this type of exploration, mainly because I will be upgrading to a TD-12 module sometime down the road, so my testing didn't really get too far.

That seems to be the ticket, though... the answer to my original question. Messing around with the Trigger Curve would probably make it tolerable for me. Truth is, after goofing with it, I think I'll just use the regular non-CYtype kits with the lead in the bell/bow input. I can live with the 2 sounds for now. I just like having the bell sound COME from the bell. The other way just doesn't do it for me. Not worth the 3rd sound. Plus, I dunno, maybe it's just my lack of skill, but it's difficult to get a specific sound accurately when you need it with the RideX functions.

So, for now, thanks - you guys have helped with my question, but mainly helped me decide to just stick with the bow/bell sounds for now untill I get the better module.

Comment

Working...
                  X