Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD3: Can you reset the drums to factory defaults.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD3: Can you reset the drums to factory defaults.

I have a TD3 and want to reset the drums, as I have no idea what the previous owner has changed.

I can see how to do a 'factory reset', but that will reset EVERYTHING.. Is there a way to just reset the drum kits? The only way I have found to do it is using the 'Copy Kit' feature.. But they are requires you to scroll all the way though the 'U' kits until you get to the 'P' and then copy.

Using this method is going to take some time.. I just wondered whether there is a quicker way of doing this?

Also, is it actually possible to 'play' the Factory kits? Or do you have to copy them to the 'User' kits? As I understand it, the 32 drum kits you can play, are all copies of the Factory kits.. So they may be the same as the Factory ones, or they may have been modified.. I had a feeling that you could either play the factory kits (but not modify them) or you could play the User kits.

Infact, if you look here:

http://www.hopedrums.com/Drum%20Modules.htm

It shows that the TD3 has 32 Factory and 32 User kits... But whilst this appears to be true, you only have 32 that you can choose from!

Jon

Originally posted by jweaver View Post
    I have a TD3 and want to reset the drums, as I have no idea what the previous owner has changed.

I can see how to do a 'factory reset', but that will reset EVERYTHING.. Is there a way to just reset the drum kits? The only way I have found to do it is using the 'Copy Kit' feature.. But they are requires you to scroll all the way though the 'U' kits until you get to the 'P' and then copy.

Using this method is going to take some time.. I just wondered whether there is a quicker way of doing this?
    Yes. Start the reset procedure by holding down + and - while powering on, but when the module displays RST press + to change that to KIT before holding down DRUM KIT to execute (TD-3 Manual, Page 43).

Originally posted by jweaver View Post
    Also, is it actually possible to 'play' the Factory kits? Or do you have to copy them to the 'User' kits? As I understand it, the 32 drum kits you can play, are all copies of the Factory kits.. So they may be the same as the Factory ones, or they may have been modified.. I had a feeling that you could either play the factory kits (but not modify them) or you could play the User kits.

Infact, if you look here:

http://www.hopedrums.com/Drum%20Modules.htm

It shows that the TD3 has 32 Factory and 32 User kits... But whilst this appears to be true, you only have 32 that you can choose from!
    No. You can only play the 32 user kits but can always restore them from the preset kits.

Bruce

Comment

Many thanks for that.. I completely missed that part when I read the manual.

Cheers

Jon

Comment

Working...
      X