Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the TD3 support Dual Zone TomToms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the TD3 support Dual Zone TomToms?

I have had my TD3 for a few day and am very happy.. But there is one thing I would be grateful if someone could confirm.

Do the Tom inputs support 'Dual Zone' pads? I am pretty sure that the answer is no, but I must admit that I am a little confused by this, considering that the Snare and Cymbal inputs are 'Dual Zone' and the PD8 pads are dual zone.

So could someone confirm this, just so that I don't waste any time trying to get this working.

Cheers

Jon

You are correct. The TD-3 doesn't support dual triggering on the tom inputs.

Comment

No, sorry. The TD-3 does not support dual-zones on the toms.

Comment

I haven't looked into this but I think my TD3 has an extra input jack for a cymbal that is dual zone. If so, can you plug in one dual trigger tom to it and assign tom voices to it? I am a painfully green noob in this area so I apologize if I'm talking out of my a$$.
        TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Yes, you could, but thats not really the question. The OP only asks about the tom inputs. Good point though!

Comment

Many thanks all... Thats what I thought, but just wanted to check.

Like the idea of using the spare cymbal input.. Might be worth thinking about.

Thanks

Jon

Comment

Working...
            X