Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you config a TD3 for the PDX-8 and CY-5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you config a TD3 for the PDX-8 and CY-5?

This follows on from my question last night, where I had problems getting my PDX-8 to do a 'rim shot'.

I am surprised that in the TD3 manual (supplied with the TD-3KW) it doesn't even mention the CY-5 and PDX-8.. There is an 'owners manual' whihc talks about them, but says "refer to the TD3 Owners Manual"

Basically, my questions is this... On page 51, there is a table which shows how to configure the TD3 with each pad type.. Can I confirm that I should configure it as follows:

PDX-8: [80r] For PD-80, PD-80R and PD-85
    CY-5: [Cy] For CY-6, CY12, etc

Its was currently set to [Pd8] and [Cy8] and I know that its wrong for the PDX-8, but what about the Cymbal?

Any confirmation of this would be appreciated

Jon

The TD-3 manual was printed before the PDX-8 and CY-5 were "invented".

The reference in the TD-3K manual to the TD-3 manual for PDX-8 settings is misleading but intended to be for general rather than specific info I think.

The PDX-8 manual (Page 5) says use 80r on a TD-3.

The CY-5 manual (Page 6) says use Cy on a TD-3.

There's a one page addendum to the TD-3K manual which gives settings for the PDX-8 (attached).

Bruce
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BarT; 04-17-08, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X