Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another TD12 Output Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another TD12 Output Question

Hey all, I just got a TD 12 module last week. I gig alot and would like to know if it's possible to have a mono output going to the board and another mono output going into my powered stage monitor? Up to now I have been using an outboard compressor which has 2 outputs but since the TD12 has it's own compressor I'd like to use it and can the outboard one. Thanks for any help
    My Electronics Gear:
    Roland Rack
    Modules-TD5, TD12:)
    Drums- 1 PD-120, 3 PD-100's,Pacific Chameleon Kit with mesh heads and homemade crossbar internal triggers
    Pads-1 PD9,4 PD8's,KD7 Kick,KD8 Kick
    Cymbals- 2 CY-14's, 1 CY-15, 1 CY-5, 2 CY6's, Pintech 10"&16"
    VST - EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer

For the first mono output, you would just use the Master Left (Mono).

For a second mono output, you could additionally route all 12 trigger inputs to one of the direct outputs on the SETUP, OUTPUT (F2), PAD (F1) screen. You would have no separate module volume control for that mono output.

But I don't think you can get AMBience or MFX in mono on a direct output. If you want effects on both mono outputs it may be easier to use a splitter cable or adapter on the Master Left (Mono).

Bruce

Comment

Just PAN everything to the center.

You can PAN all the instrumetns to the center position C, then use one cable to the board and one to the monitor, the ambience and effects will still work.
      (use the main outputs L+R)
      Oren

Comment

Originally posted by viva1924 View Post
        You can PAN all the instrumetns to the center position C, then use one cable to the board and one to the monitor, the ambience and effects will still work.
        (use the main outputs L+R)
        Oren
        The makes total sense, it will be running in stereo but having all the instruments centered will keep it mono. Thanks!
        My Electronics Gear:
        Roland Rack
        Modules-TD5, TD12:)
        Drums- 1 PD-120, 3 PD-100's,Pacific Chameleon Kit with mesh heads and homemade crossbar internal triggers
        Pads-1 PD9,4 PD8's,KD7 Kick,KD8 Kick
        Cymbals- 2 CY-14's, 1 CY-15, 1 CY-5, 2 CY6's, Pintech 10"&16"
        VST - EZ Drummer, Superior Drummer

Comment

Working...
        X