Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-7 vs. Hart Hi-Hat & Crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-7 vs. Hart Hi-Hat & Crash?

I'm a little new at this, so please be patient with me. Especially if I mess up some of the language.

I currently have a V-Pro with PD-7's for all cybmals (including hi-hat). I'm thinking about replacing my crashes and hi-hats with the Hart ECymbalsII (ECII 12C & ECII 12HH).

Right now the PD-7's as crashes are capable of three sounds: Strike Center, Strike Edge and Choke. Is this the case with the ECII 12C?

The hi-hat also does multiple sounds: strike with tip and strike edge with shaft. Are the Hart hi-hats capable of this as well?

While we're on the subject, let's look at the Hart ride (ECII 16R). I realize it takes two outlets if you want to use all available zones. What if I only need a normal ride and bell sound? Can I get this done with only on outlet?

Thanks.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

poppy - I am also looking at getting a bunch of the hart ecymbals II's and need to know from as many people as possible the benefits/drawbacks versus the NEW Roland Cymbals. Im not sure but I think the Hart HH is not "two zone" meaning you can only get "one" highhat sound from it from the td8/10. The ride is a true two zone for sure. the crashes are not two zone with the td-8/10 I think. Please anyone with actual use of these New Hart cymbals let us know

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
      I'm a little new at this, so please be patient with me. Especially if I mess up some of the language.

I currently have a V-Pro with PD-7's for all cybmals (including hi-hat). I'm thinking about replacing my crashes and hi-hats with the Hart ECymbalsII (ECII 12C & ECII 12HH).

"Right now the PD-7's as crashes are capable of three sounds: Strike Center, Strike Edge and Choke. Is this the case with the ECII 12C?"

- Center and Edge No. Choke yes - The new cymbals from Hart can be choked they showed them at the recent NAMM show.

"The hi-hat also does multiple sounds: strike with tip and strike edge with shaft. Are the Hart hi-hats capable of this as well?"

- No.

"While we're on the subject, let's look at the Hart ride (ECII 16R). I realize it takes two outlets if you want to use all available zones. What if I only need a normal ride and bell sound? Can I get this done with only on outlet?"

- Yes AUX 11/12 input.

Thanks.

------------------
      szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited May 28, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited May 28, 2001).]
      Studio

Comment

Working...
      X