Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PD-7 vs. Hart Hi-Hat & Crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-7 vs. Hart Hi-Hat & Crash?

I'm a little new at this, so please be patient with me. Especially if I mess up some of the language.

I currently have a V-Pro with PD-7's for all cybmals (including hi-hat). I'm thinking about replacing my crashes and hi-hats with the Hart ECymbalsII (ECII 12C & ECII 12HH).

Right now the PD-7's as crashes are capable of three sounds: Strike Center, Strike Edge and Choke. Is this the case with the ECII 12C?

The hi-hat also does multiple sounds: strike with tip and strike edge with shaft. Are the Hart hi-hats capable of this as well?

While we're on the subject, let's look at the Hart ride (ECII 16R). I realize it takes two outlets if you want to use all available zones. What if I only need a normal ride and bell sound? Can I get this done with only on outlet?

Thanks.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

poppy - I am also looking at getting a bunch of the hart ecymbals II's and need to know from as many people as possible the benefits/drawbacks versus the NEW Roland Cymbals. Im not sure but I think the Hart HH is not "two zone" meaning you can only get "one" highhat sound from it from the td8/10. The ride is a true two zone for sure. the crashes are not two zone with the td-8/10 I think. Please anyone with actual use of these New Hart cymbals let us know

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Poppy:
      I'm a little new at this, so please be patient with me. Especially if I mess up some of the language.

I currently have a V-Pro with PD-7's for all cybmals (including hi-hat). I'm thinking about replacing my crashes and hi-hats with the Hart ECymbalsII (ECII 12C & ECII 12HH).

"Right now the PD-7's as crashes are capable of three sounds: Strike Center, Strike Edge and Choke. Is this the case with the ECII 12C?"

- Center and Edge No. Choke yes - The new cymbals from Hart can be choked they showed them at the recent NAMM show.

"The hi-hat also does multiple sounds: strike with tip and strike edge with shaft. Are the Hart hi-hats capable of this as well?"

- No.

"While we're on the subject, let's look at the Hart ride (ECII 16R). I realize it takes two outlets if you want to use all available zones. What if I only need a normal ride and bell sound? Can I get this done with only on outlet?"

- Yes AUX 11/12 input.

Thanks.

------------------
      szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited May 28, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited May 28, 2001).]
      Studio

Comment

Working...
      X