Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Can't get a good hi-hat sound for a "heavy metal" drum kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get a good hi-hat sound for a "heavy metal" drum kit

I'm currently set to "Heavy" something or other with the pitch and sustain lowered... but it sounds like crap when I'm using the hi-hat pedal.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jason

Originally posted by DRulz:
    I'm currently set to "Heavy" something or other with the pitch and sustain lowered... but it sounds like crap when I'm using the hi-hat pedal.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jason

I like Swing lowered a bit with some added sustain. YMMV.

------------------
    \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited May 20, 2001).]
    \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

I love your sick and evil signature man!!!!

Lowered Swing eh? That's interesting... will have to check that out.

[This message has been edited by DRulz (edited May 20, 2001).]

Comment

I have a kit which I have modelled on Ben Gillies from silverchair. It's a really PHAT kit not unlike John Bonham (who I am listening to now). For a really thick hat sound, very sloshy and metallic, I use the sound "HeavyHH2" which is found in "EXP HI HATS" group, sound number 782. I haven't pitched it down at all, and it sounds really heavy. It also suits Limp Bizkit and Metallica songs too. Mind you if you cannot find the "EXP HI HATS" group in your TD-10, you should probably get the TDW-1 board...

Comment

That's the one I have mine set to... but when I use the hi-hat pedal it sounds like ****...

I noticed that if I pedal lightly, I get a different sound that sounds better than the one I get when I pedal quickly and heavily... is it possible to disable the latter? That could be cool...

Comment

Working...
          X