Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Duplicating head phone output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicating head phone output

Next week I will be playing with some friends in my own home. I would like to do it completely using head phones, but I have only one output...

I'm looking for hardware that will give me 4 or more phone outputs and preferably with individual volume control too!

Does such hardware exist? What do you recommend? Can I build it myself?

Thanks, Rob

Yes, there are headphone amplifiers that have individual volume controls. Some have at least six channels. I don't know brands or model numbers, perhaps spmeone else does.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Feedback advertises with the MAM headphone amp for 325 guilders. Check out what it does at; http://www.mam-germany.de/com/produkte/hp48_e.html

good luck!
      greetings,
      Pieter
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Thanks!

Pieter: Funny... I got the Feedback magazine today, but completely missed the MAM HP 48 that's in it. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Comment

I am considering buying one myself as well. My ddrum4 brain still lacks a loud headphone output so I was planning to buy a small behringer mixer, but as I already have 24 channel Mackie mixer, a headphone amp would add more to that when I want to use them together.
          It's so cheap!

Comment

I use one of these: http://www.behringer.de/eng/products...ons/ha4400.htm

It's a great unit. Inexpensive, too.

TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

AAAAAAAAARGH

indeed the Behringer is a good product, except for the fact that Behringer hasn't built it for a year or something and has no idea either when and if they will be available again.

Behringer is a ****ed up company......

Comment

Um, wow. Hadn't heard anything like that before. Where did you hear that from, if I may ask? I was actually about to buy another Powerplay. Is Behringer in some kind of financial difficulty a la Alesis? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited May 19, 2001).]
                TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

No, Behringer are just fine.

One of the ways they cut their costs, to allow them to sell their excellent products at such low prices is to only make a small number of different products at any one time. They have a large catalogue of products, but they rotate the production so they can make a large number of any one product, stop, start making something else and only re-make the first product when international stocks start to dwindle. It's very clever really, if a bit odd!

Therefore, although your local store doesn't have one, another one may, and if not, then Behringer will probably be making some more soon. Another product they haven't made for ages is the 802a mixer (of which I have just bought one of the few available). Some dealers just don't have them and don't know when they'll get them, because of Behringer's 'just-in-time' production scheme.

Hope you can find what you want

Schmunk

------------------
                  TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, PM-3
                  TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Ok I'm one of the dudes that works at a local shop(www.studiodedijk.nl), it happens quit frequent that customers want a Powerplay or a MX802 or whatever and I can say absolutely nothing about if he's ever going to get it. I think anybody is willing to pay a little more(I know they are, since raising the Behringer prices had virtually no effect on how much Behringer we sell), just to make sure that Behringer knows when they will be shipping certain products again.

The company Behringer is really stupid, Behringer themself are in Germany and their products are made in the far East. In Germany they don't know what they are doing in the far East, that doesn't seem like good communication. Or maybe they do know, but they won't tell you because then customers will cancel their order and buy a different product.

It really sucks when somebody has read about this great product and you have to say "no". Both for the customer as well as for the salesman.

Comment

Are there any smaller, simpler and preferably cheaper solutions? (Hey... I'm Dutch )

It's probably this one time that we'll be using it and I don't want to spend 150 on it.

Comment

I think this is exactly what you're looking for; http://www.rolls.com/new/ha43.html

I have no idea what the costs of this 4channel headphone amp is. You could mail my colleague [email protected] for that. As far a I know we can order it, don't know which other shops can.

Comment

Now that's more like it!

I'll contact your colleague. It may be difficult to get it before next weekend...

Comment

Yesterday I bought a Leem HDA 44, which looks identical to the Rolls HA43. My guess is that Rolls and Leem are the same company.

The Rolls would have cost me 165, but I found the Leem for 50. Quite a difference!

I am pretty happy with it, only it will slightly distort the lower frequencies at higher volumes...

http://www.leem.co.kr/leem/acce/int4.htm

Rop

Comment

Hi Rob,

I read the email my colleague sent you with the price info. What an awful lot of money! If I'd known this I wouldn't have mentioned it....
                              Good luck with that Leem thingie

Pieter

Comment

Working...
                              X