Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Suggestion for Rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Rack?

I have some "custom" made e-drums. They are basically toms with piezzos and mesh heads. Never playing an acoustic set before, not sure what rack I need for these. They seem to have normal holes in the bottons to mount with. I hear Gibraltar is a good rack system, but they have a few different styles. If someone can give me a part number, then I might have some more help.

I have hihat (and pedal), bass pedal, 2 toms, 1 snare, 1 bass-tom ?, and 2 cymbals. The hihat needs something on the left side to hold it up, since it is just a pad, and the same with the bass tom on the right and of course I don't need anything for the bass pedal.

Any help?

The Gibralter curved rack with 2 built-in cymbal booms has received some nice reviews by users at this site (check out the thread "Gibralter rack rocks!" from last month). It has a 46" curved front bar, 2-24" side extensions, 2-T legs, and 4 clamps for mounting drum pads. You'll need to purchase "L-rods" or Pearl-style 7/8" mounting brackets depending on the design of your pads.

FYI: Musician's Friend has it listed for $219.99 on their web site (www.musiciansfriend.com). However, I recently received an e-mail from them saying that they're running an Internet special until June 1st whereby they'll take $10 off that price and provide free shipping. Sounds like a good deal to me!

[This message has been edited by DougM (edited May 24, 2001).]
    Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I use that rack. I love it.

Erik

Comment

Great! Thanks for the help. I am going to check it out now! If I sent some pics of the drums I have would you be able to tell me the right hardware to order?

I can finally get the set off my diningroom table =)

[This message has been edited by harryhoudini (edited May 24, 2001).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by harryhoudini:
          [B]If I sent some pics of the drums I have would you be able to tell me the right hardware to order?

I would recommend that you take one of your pads to a local music store to determine the type and size of mounting hardware you need, especially since you mentioned that they are "custom e-drums." I know that L-rods, for example, come in different diameters and it may be difficult to determine the correct size from a photo. Unless you know specifically what size you need, you are probably better off buying the mounting hardware at a local store rather than via mail order. That way at least you'll be assured that everything will fit.

Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Originally posted by DougM:
            I would recommend that you take one of your pads to a local music store to determine the type and size of mounting hardware you need, especially since you mentioned that they are "custom e-drums." I know that L-rods, for example, come in different diameters and it may be difficult to determine the correct size from a photo. Unless you know specifically what size you need, you are probably better off buying the mounting hardware at a local store rather than via mail order. That way at least you'll be assured that everything will fit.
            Probably a good idea.. I have a Guitar Center right down from my work.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello HH

I have been toying with the idea of making my own mesh-headed pads....small ones, however, 8" to start and maybe smaller for integration into a SPD/Octapad-type configuration. Getting tired of hitting the hard rubber pads. Anyway, noticed that you have 'custom made mesh headed pads with piezos' and wonder if you made them yourself; if so, have you any advice to the nascent mesh-pad maker. Otherwise, did you buy them, maybe?

DJourg

Comment

Working...
              X