Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion for Rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Rack?

I have some "custom" made e-drums. They are basically toms with piezzos and mesh heads. Never playing an acoustic set before, not sure what rack I need for these. They seem to have normal holes in the bottons to mount with. I hear Gibraltar is a good rack system, but they have a few different styles. If someone can give me a part number, then I might have some more help.

I have hihat (and pedal), bass pedal, 2 toms, 1 snare, 1 bass-tom ?, and 2 cymbals. The hihat needs something on the left side to hold it up, since it is just a pad, and the same with the bass tom on the right and of course I don't need anything for the bass pedal.

Any help?

The Gibralter curved rack with 2 built-in cymbal booms has received some nice reviews by users at this site (check out the thread "Gibralter rack rocks!" from last month). It has a 46" curved front bar, 2-24" side extensions, 2-T legs, and 4 clamps for mounting drum pads. You'll need to purchase "L-rods" or Pearl-style 7/8" mounting brackets depending on the design of your pads.

FYI: Musician's Friend has it listed for $219.99 on their web site (www.musiciansfriend.com). However, I recently received an e-mail from them saying that they're running an Internet special until June 1st whereby they'll take $10 off that price and provide free shipping. Sounds like a good deal to me!

[This message has been edited by DougM (edited May 24, 2001).]
    Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I use that rack. I love it.

Erik

Comment

Great! Thanks for the help. I am going to check it out now! If I sent some pics of the drums I have would you be able to tell me the right hardware to order?

I can finally get the set off my diningroom table =)

[This message has been edited by harryhoudini (edited May 24, 2001).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by harryhoudini:
          [B]If I sent some pics of the drums I have would you be able to tell me the right hardware to order?

I would recommend that you take one of your pads to a local music store to determine the type and size of mounting hardware you need, especially since you mentioned that they are "custom e-drums." I know that L-rods, for example, come in different diameters and it may be difficult to determine the correct size from a photo. Unless you know specifically what size you need, you are probably better off buying the mounting hardware at a local store rather than via mail order. That way at least you'll be assured that everything will fit.

Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Originally posted by DougM:
            I would recommend that you take one of your pads to a local music store to determine the type and size of mounting hardware you need, especially since you mentioned that they are "custom e-drums." I know that L-rods, for example, come in different diameters and it may be difficult to determine the correct size from a photo. Unless you know specifically what size you need, you are probably better off buying the mounting hardware at a local store rather than via mail order. That way at least you'll be assured that everything will fit.
            Probably a good idea.. I have a Guitar Center right down from my work.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello HH

I have been toying with the idea of making my own mesh-headed pads....small ones, however, 8" to start and maybe smaller for integration into a SPD/Octapad-type configuration. Getting tired of hitting the hard rubber pads. Anyway, noticed that you have 'custom made mesh headed pads with piezos' and wonder if you made them yourself; if so, have you any advice to the nascent mesh-pad maker. Otherwise, did you buy them, maybe?

DJourg

Comment

Working...
              X