Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td-8 rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-8 rebooting

I'll be playing sometimes, whether it be for 2 hours or 2 minutes and my td-8 will sometimes randomly reboot itself. Doesn't do it every time I play but it's annoying as hell. The lcd light never turns off, it just goes back to the boot screen and then pops back up. Any of you techies know if it's a module problem, AC adapter problem, or maybe line dropouts in my apartment wiring? I tried plugging the td-8 into another socket and it still does it. Anyone had this problem?

Going to call Roland after I try plugging it in at a friend's apartment. Unfortunately it doesn't do it all the time so I have to sit down with a coffee and stare at it for awhile. Oh the joy. By the way, someone shoot the rolandus.com webmaster for not fixing the sql errors when you attempt to register your product online.

[This message has been edited by bhoffman (edited May 21, 2001).]

Originally posted by bhoffman:
    I'll be playing sometimes, whether it be for 2 hours or 2 minutes and my td-8 will sometimes randomly reboot itself. [This message has been edited by bhoffman (edited May 21, 2001).]
    I had this problem one night at a gig. It was a power problem not the TD-8. We eventually ran another line and it was ok. I'd also check the adapter cable.

Comment

EEEiiiiiyeee!

Plug that module into a UPS (uninterruptable power supply). I have one on my computers and one for my TD10 module. You never know when there is going to be a surge or micro-brown out.

HTH

[This message has been edited by Cyberjam (edited May 21, 2001).]
      Kelly Mercer
      Halifax, Nova Scotia
      Canada

My Youtube Channel!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
      http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

Working...
      X