Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD-120 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-120 setup

For any V-session owners (or any KD-120 owners), did you guys tighten the head of the kick trigger before playing on it like the other drums? Just curious. I gave it a quick tighten to be on the safe side but now the head is very bouncy. I want to loosen it to see if it will help with the feel. But I don't want to damage it by loosening it to much.

P.S. Why does Roland ship the heads loose like that?
    V-Session

Originally posted by scratchcat:
    P.S. Why does Roland ship the heads loose like that?
    To prevent the head from stretching when it's lying somewhere for a year?

Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by scratchcat:
      For any V-session owners (or any KD-120 owners), did you guys tighten the head of the kick trigger before playing on it like the other drums?

yes

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply
        V-Session

Comment

scratchcat,

I tightened at first but didn't like the bounce so then I loosened it a bit. It's not quite as loose as when it arrived but it's not tight. I've had no problems since then but I'm not a really big hitter. I don't think that the drum is that delicate though and I sometimes lay into it a bit. My advice - don't worry about it just get it to feel how you like it.

Alex.

Comment

Remember the head tension adjustment in your manual Loose,Normal,Tight Page 31&32 TD 10 Manual worked 4 me with KD 120

Thanks Doug

Comment

Working...
            X