Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD-120 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-120 setup

For any V-session owners (or any KD-120 owners), did you guys tighten the head of the kick trigger before playing on it like the other drums? Just curious. I gave it a quick tighten to be on the safe side but now the head is very bouncy. I want to loosen it to see if it will help with the feel. But I don't want to damage it by loosening it to much.

P.S. Why does Roland ship the heads loose like that?
    V-Session

Originally posted by scratchcat:
    P.S. Why does Roland ship the heads loose like that?
    To prevent the head from stretching when it's lying somewhere for a year?

Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by scratchcat:
      For any V-session owners (or any KD-120 owners), did you guys tighten the head of the kick trigger before playing on it like the other drums?

yes

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply
        V-Session

Comment

scratchcat,

I tightened at first but didn't like the bounce so then I loosened it a bit. It's not quite as loose as when it arrived but it's not tight. I've had no problems since then but I'm not a really big hitter. I don't think that the drum is that delicate though and I sometimes lay into it a bit. My advice - don't worry about it just get it to feel how you like it.

Alex.

Comment

Remember the head tension adjustment in your manual Loose,Normal,Tight Page 31&32 TD 10 Manual worked 4 me with KD 120

Thanks Doug

Comment

Working...
            X