Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Wierd problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd problem

OK I dont even know how to explain this one. I have a TD-8 with a Hart Dynamics kit. When I play and I hit a cymbal or splash my hi-hat while doing a snare roll the srane sound stops for a second. That is the most common way it happens. Sometimes I can be playing just my snare and the sound cuts out for a second. That is the best way I can explain it.

This happen to anyone else?

I sometimes had drop outs with my TD-10, too. When I played a fast pattern on the tom toms then sometimes it didn't even trigger. Is it the lack of enough voices per second or the fact that the Roland modules are very sensitiv computers which - like Windows - don't always operate 200 percent. I don't no.

If the problem resists, bring the module back for an investigation at your Roland dealer.
    Robert

Comment

Shaun,

You might want to try reducing the crosstalk setting on the snare and see if the problem persists. If your snare is attached to the rack (not on a separate stand), it could be that you are triggering some other pad while doing a roll, which then makes the crosstalk reduction kick in, resulting in dropped notes on the snare. for kicks, you could also try cranking up the crosstalk and see if the probelm gets worse.

Puttenvr, this might be the source of your problem too. If you remove the tom from the rack, do you still have this problem?

Comment

Thanks! I will try it tonight. If that dosnt work I am going to restore all the factory presets.

Comment

Originally posted by neirbo:
          Puttenvr, this might be the source of your problem too. If you remove the tom from the rack, do you still have this problem?
          Neirbo, as you probably know I sold my Vdrums (for other reasons than these trigger drop outs btw) and with my Ddrums the problem never occured. I had my drum pads isolated mounted in RIMS (I still have) so x-talk must not be the problem.

Robert

Comment

Well here's the scoop. I shut off my retrigger cancel and the cross talk. Nothing worked. Then I switched my pad setting to 10A. I fixed the problem but this shuts off the rim sound. Just setting the rim sensitivity to 0 didnt do anything. I had to change the setting to 10A which really sucks because playing the rim is a big part of my style. Someone else mentioned that the acusnare's rim causes trouble with the V's. This sucks. Why pay for a 2 zone pad when only one works. I guess now I will have to mount a nimrod next to my snare or something.

Another idea would be to maybe use 2 inputs.

Before I try go and buy a "Y" adaptor, can I "Y" the cable from the snare into 2 differnt inputs to get my rim sound back with the 10 A setting?

Thanks for all your help!

FYI if you ever have to change your pad setting it also seems to reset some of you pad parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun:
              ... can I "Y" the cable from the snare into 2 differnt inputs to get my rim sound back with the 10 A setting?
              Sure you can. But I forgot whether the td-10/td-8 have pure (clear) rim sounds and mix this with a part of the snare sound to get a rim shot or (and then it is possible) the rim shot uses a full rim shot sample. In the latter case you can assign the rim shot sound to any channel you want (tom, bass, cymbal etc).

BUT: there is another problem. With the Vdrums the COSM technology only works on specific channels. So, if you do split your snare into 2 channels then perhaps the edits on that channel only are limited tot DECAY and PITCH.

Check before you buy a cable
              Robert

Comment

Puttenvr,

I'm not sure that your last post is entirely correct. COSM editing is limited to certain instruments, but you can put any instrument on any input you want.

Comment

Perhaps on the td-8 (I realy don't know) but not on the td-10
                  Robert

Comment

puttenvr:
                    ... but not on the td-10

Not true. Neirbo's correct. Not only is COSM restricted to inputs 1 > 6 but only for certain instruments. For example input-2 is v-editable for all snare instruments, but if you assign a tom to it, v-edit is lost. HOWEVER, COSM notwithstanding, you CAN assign ANY instrument to ANY trigger input!

Short memory, Rob?

-Marc.

Comment

... but if you assign a tom to it, v-edit is lost.

Dear Neirbo and Marc.

That is what I was trying to say. Ofcourse I know that you can put any drum pad
                      into any input and assign any sound to it. But the discussion was about rim sounds and the possibility of having a cable split, then assign a rim sound to another channel and then loosing the COSM edits.

In short: The rim sound will work on another (any) channel but the v-edit possibilities of that rim sound not.
                      Robert

Comment

puttenvr said

"In short: The rim sound will work on another (any) channel but the v-edit possibilities of that rim sound not."

That I could live with but will the SNARE sound still be COSM editibal?

Comment

If the snare is connected to the snare input: yes.
                          Robert

Comment

I think the issues that you are unhappy abpout will still exist after you do all of this. I just both Hart pads with a Roland TD10. I dded the expansion card and could neve3r get optimum results from the Hart afterwards. I bought a PD120, took it out of the box and it was better than the accusnare. My feeling is that the Roland pads, while costing more, will provide the best results with their modules.
                            Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
                            Presonus Firepod
                            Reaper
                            Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

I agree with Steve. Same with the ddrum. The ddrum pads are the best for that module.
                              Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X