Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Problems: Hart Kit with TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems: Hart Kit with TD-8

I have a Custom A kit (stand up bass pad) with a TD-8 and just can't get everything working properly. I've been at it for six months! My issues:

1) Toms: Sound clips when I strike the direct center of the drum (where the foam is). I can decrease the sensitivity and it helps somewhat, but then they drop beats on fast single and double stroke rolls. Would head tension affect this? I have tried tight, loose, and everything in between.

2) Ride cymbal: I am using a stereo cord into the 11/12 aux channel. I get the bell sound at the very rim of the cymbal pad. I have adjusted crosstalk, but to no avail.

3) Crash cymbals: randomly choke themselves when struck heavily.

Any help would very GREATLY appreciated! Everyone says these drums are great, but I am frustrated and about ready to chuck it all in and get V-drums.
    -Hart Studio B w/TD8

call hart 850-654-1466 they will be able to help. I have all hart pads with a td-8 and they work great. I found that the head tension on the acusnare must be very tight to work right. I am sure with the proper settings you will fall in love with your hart set.

good luck
    Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Ask for Paul. Paul is the man for tech. support...very cool and knowledgeable.

Erik
      SEP

Comment

Buy the V's and your frustrations will be elimnated.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
          Buy the V's and your frustrations will be elimnated.
          Not.

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

Hey crackie,

For six months you say and no luck. I think you need to tweak the module a bit more to have the Hart products perform better. Do a search on scan time, retrigger cancel, mask time, threshold Ė all might need tweaking in order to dial in for good response.

Tell you what; give me a phone number where I can reach you. I will call you from my studio. You get on your set and I will get on mine and I will go over what needs to be adjusted. This way you can get an immediate response from your TD-8 with Hart.

If I canít help, then defiantly get in touch with the Hart people. Although they might not get on a drum set similar to yours and walk you through, but I will.

Sounds good? Let me know through this forum or offline. I will be at my studio after 7:00 PST and I can call you then.

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
              Not.

Agreed.
              Call hart and ask for paul like eric said,they will get you fixed up.

Comment

Working...
              X