Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-10 noisy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 noisy?

Hi everybody! This morning I did some recording into a VS-1680 hard disk recorder, and there was a lot of "white noise" or "hiss" on the recording. I had noticed it before when practicing, but didn't think it was that bad. I'm using the all six of the direct outs(kick, snare, toms stereo, cymb stereo). I tryed switching to another kit that used the master outs instead, but no change.

Raffy85

[This message has been edited by Raffy85 (edited May 09, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Raffy85 (edited May 09, 2001).]

Maybe the internal EQ needs to be lowered, some times that could lead to additional noise. It also could be your outboard mixer (if using one), bad cables.

I was able to get rid of that noise factor with my Behringer 4-Band Parametric Tube Equalizer. The low and high frequency bands can be used as shelving filters, allowing you to effectively eliminate low-frequency disturbances and high-frequency noise

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

Ok, I'll try adjusting the eq. I have a 8 channel snake that is dead quiet. When I turn the brain off the noise goes away. I usually run into a Mackie 1604, but this time I was running direct into the recorder.

Raffy85

Comment

Originally posted by Raffy85:
        Ok, I'll try adjusting the eq. I have a 8 channel snake that is dead quiet. When I turn the brain off the noise goes away. I usually run into a Mackie 1604, but this time I was running direct into the recorder.

Raffy85
        Since that is the case, I would say it's the cable(s), if not then it could be the output from the module and I hope that is not the case.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

I think its the output from the brain. I tried different cables the the problem persisted. Maybe there's a noisy circuit or two in there?

Raffy85

[This message has been edited by Raffy85 (edited May 10, 2001).]

Comment

Hi,

If the hiss is of the CONSTANT low-level variety from the brian (reguardless of voilume output setting), just increrase the volume to raise the output level of your drumming. This may help to mask the hiss a bit. Then you can use a sound editor to remove the hiss during quiet parts (use DARTECH Dart Pro 98 here). Hope this helps.

Yes, the TD-10 SHOULD be dead quiet, though yours might not be :-( .

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com
            Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
            http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Working...
            X