Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10 noisy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 noisy?

Hi everybody! This morning I did some recording into a VS-1680 hard disk recorder, and there was a lot of "white noise" or "hiss" on the recording. I had noticed it before when practicing, but didn't think it was that bad. I'm using the all six of the direct outs(kick, snare, toms stereo, cymb stereo). I tryed switching to another kit that used the master outs instead, but no change.

Raffy85

[This message has been edited by Raffy85 (edited May 09, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Raffy85 (edited May 09, 2001).]

Maybe the internal EQ needs to be lowered, some times that could lead to additional noise. It also could be your outboard mixer (if using one), bad cables.

I was able to get rid of that noise factor with my Behringer 4-Band Parametric Tube Equalizer. The low and high frequency bands can be used as shelving filters, allowing you to effectively eliminate low-frequency disturbances and high-frequency noise

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

Ok, I'll try adjusting the eq. I have a 8 channel snake that is dead quiet. When I turn the brain off the noise goes away. I usually run into a Mackie 1604, but this time I was running direct into the recorder.

Raffy85

Comment

Originally posted by Raffy85:
        Ok, I'll try adjusting the eq. I have a 8 channel snake that is dead quiet. When I turn the brain off the noise goes away. I usually run into a Mackie 1604, but this time I was running direct into the recorder.

Raffy85
        Since that is the case, I would say it's the cable(s), if not then it could be the output from the module and I hope that is not the case.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

I think its the output from the brain. I tried different cables the the problem persisted. Maybe there's a noisy circuit or two in there?

Raffy85

[This message has been edited by Raffy85 (edited May 10, 2001).]

Comment

Hi,

If the hiss is of the CONSTANT low-level variety from the brian (reguardless of voilume output setting), just increrase the volume to raise the output level of your drumming. This may help to mask the hiss a bit. Then you can use a sound editor to remove the hiss during quiet parts (use DARTECH Dart Pro 98 here). Hope this helps.

Yes, the TD-10 SHOULD be dead quiet, though yours might not be :-( .

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com
            Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
            http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Working...
            X